- Change Log
- Old Versions
- Support for ExFAT.
- Find deleted NTFS files and folders during a scan for missing files and folders.
- Implemented a "Find deleted files and folders" option, when an NTFS file-system is selected. This is a much faster scan if you're only interested in finding deleted files and folders in an NTFS file-system.
- Support for FATX
- Support for XISO / XDVDFS
- Extended Master Boot Record (EMBR) support.
- BSD partitions support.
- Further improved the UAC experience by tweaking and fixing issues. The experience is still the same as described in previous release.
- Remove duplicate partitions (for instance when there's a GPT but the MBR fields still point to valid partitions as well).
- Ways to dump all sectors that are being read to log files (for debug purposes) (support for *.ibdat and *.ibadr).
- Added .bkf file type recognition to the file-signature scan.
- Further improved the ListView Columns' drag behaviour by working around (Builder) VCL limits/bugs.
- An NTFS file also gets the Sparse property now when it's not fragmented (and not only when its extents are sparse)
- Display the File's start LBA for a sparse file, except when the first extent is sparse, then "Sparse" is displayed
- Added Full Path(s) and Start and Finish processing time to the MD5 file (as comments).
- Ability (set via options) to store and restore the position of the main form (instead of always centered).
- Added *.dd to the supported image files.
- Recognize EXT SuperBlock when trying to determine the blocksize of an image (for instance a Linux made .dd file with an EXT1,2,3 or 4 file-system).
- Improved handling of NTFS MFT embedded files during the scan for missing files based on their signature
- Various improvemens to reduce false positives during scanning for missing files and folders.
- Various other smaller GUI improvements
- Not all *.png files were found during a scan for missing files and folders (bug introduced in version 3.1).
- Mac HFS file systems with large fragmented files (more than 8 extents) could trigger a program crash.
- In rare cases not all files and/or folders of an NTFS folder were found, if that folder was described in both the MFT record and via INDX records.
- Sometimes too small files were created, when they were fully sparse (one extent, sparse (= all zeroes) (NTFS).
- Fixed it so that the progress bar also changes color (red) in case of errors, during a scan for missing files and folders
- Show the last LBA in case of compressed files
- Fixed one more exception error that could occur while scanning for lost files and folders, due to buggy MS Office documents detection code.
IsoBuster Publisher's description:
from Smart Projects
IsoBuster is data recovery software that can rescue all sorts of data, files, music, video from bad or otherwise malfunctioning optical media, such as CD, DVD, BD and HD DVD.
This software communicates directly with the drive and does not rely on Windows to provide the files and folders. This way IsoBuster can access data that Windows can't.
IsoBuster also supports a wide range of image file formats, such as: *.DAO, *.TAO, *.ISO, *.BIN, *.IMG, *.CIF, *.FCD, *.NRG, *.GCD, *.P01, *.C2D, .CUE,
*.CD, *.GI and more ... It uses several retry-mechanisms to aid you in getting the data, even if Windows is not able to do so. It is a very useful and easy to use program.
Additional features include Mpg (*.dat) Extraction, Scanning for missing files and folders, CDText support and much more. A good portion of the features are available for free, however certain advanced features such as UDF, HFS, IFO and FAT support are only available in a registered version.
- Data recovery from CD, DVD, BD and HD DVD.
- Better Error handling and several retry-mechanisms to aid you in getting the data anyway.
- The use of alternative ways to get to the data, get the best out of your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- The use of alternative File-Systems to get to the data, make use of all content.
- CDs stay 'readable' after problems (such as Buffer Under-run).
- Read and Extraction of files, CD/DVD images, tracks and sessions from all optical media.
- Supports : CD-i, VCD, SACD, SVCD, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-R, CD-RW, ...
- Supports : DVD-ROM, DVCD, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD+RW DL, ...
- Supports : DVD+VR, DVD+VRW, DVD-VM, DVD-VR, DVD-VRW, ...
- Supports : BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-R SRM, BD-R RRM, BD-R SRM+POW, BD-R SRM-POW, BDAV, BDMV
- Supports : HD DVD-ROM, HD DVD-R, HD DVD-R DL, HD DVD-RW, HD DVD-RW DL, HD DVD-RAM, HD DVD-Video
- Mpg (*.dat) Extraction and dat2mpg 'in one'.
- Enormous File System coverage and ways to use them all (find the best one for your needs).
- ISO9660, Joliet, Romeo (Short File-names Long File-names on mastered CDs)
- Big Endian (Motorola), Little Endian (Intel) (Windows vs. Unix, Mac and other systems' defaults)
- UDF 1.02 (e.g DVDs), UDF 1.5 (e.g. Packet writing on CD-R and CD-RW), UDF 2.01 - UDF 2.60 - FAT 12, FAT 16 and FAT 32 support
- HFS and HFS+, the Apple Mac file system.
- Full Mac properties, Resource Fork and MacBinary extraction support for ISO9660 and Joliet
- Full Mac properties, Resource Fork and MacBinary extraction support for UDF
- Rock Ridge (e.g. for Commodore users, Server use, etc.)
- VIDEO DVD interpretation based on IFO/BUP and VOB files
- Support for the VIDEO +VR standard
- Show and allow to extract the different recordings
- AUDIO DVD interpretation based on IFO/BUP and VOB files.
- Show and allow to extract the Audio recordings/tracks
- Information on and File system properties (must for FS developers)
- Scanning for lost files and folders (UDF, ISO, ...) .
- Find lost data on CD, DVD, BD and HD DVD created discs with drag and drop applications (Direct CD, InCD, DLA, Instant-Write, Drag to disc, ...)
- Find lost pictures created and saved to CD with Mavica or other digital cameras.
- Find lost ISO9660/Joliet sessions
- Find files based on their signature. Ability to change the list of files found based on their signature, add, edit, delete file properties to extract a file where on disc you want.
- Find lost IFO/VOB VIDEO/AUDIO File-Systems
- Find multiple sessions inside a single DVD+RW, DVD-RW, BD-RE or HD DVD-RAM track (e.g. by Nero and Ashampoo on DVD+RW and DVD-RW)
- Auto find extensions based on file content to try and give an appropriate name to an orphaned file.
- Support for Direct CD compressed files.
- Support for blanked DVD+RW media.
- Support for Mount Rainier discs (CD and DVD) in Mount Rainier drives and in none MRW capable drives.
- Automatic detection of Mount Rainier discs and automatic Method 2 and/or 3 remapping if required.
- CD/DVD/BD/HD DVD Surface scan to see if there are physical read errors.
- Check if all files and folders are readable without having to extract to HD.
- Ability to make special image files (*.IBP / *.IBQ) which can be continued if not complete. This allows you to make an image file of a CD/DVD/BD/HD DVD with many different drives, each drive then completes the image file with parts it can read. So if many drives are able to read different sections of a CD or DVD, then you can use them all to complete one image files which then contains *all* (or most) data.
- Compare Image Files with their checksum, provided via *.MD5 files.
- Single sector extraction. Extraction of CD/DVD/BD and HD DVD parts, fit to your needs.
- Sector Viewer. Check a sector's content in IsoBuster's editor and print or save to HD.
- Compile (and edit, save, print) lists of all files that contain physical read errors.
- Compile lists of all files, including their Logical block address (ideal to find the logical play order for mp3 CDs)
- CD-Text support from CD, *.PXI, *.CCD and *.CUE image files.
- Creation of image files (*.iso, *.bin, *.tao)
- Creation of cuesheet files (*.cue)
- Creation of checksum files (*.MD5) for image files.
- Conversion of image files
- Handles opening of multi-file image files.
- Creation of multi-file image files or disc spanning to specified size
- Many other neat features the OS doesn't offer.
- Comprehensive help file
- Supports an enormous range of image files (see further)
- Automatic Online check to see if there is a newer version available.