- Change Log
- Old Versions
- New design:
- Skype comes now with a new welcome screen that gives you easier to reach sign-in options.
- Video call library upgrade:
- Skype upgrades its video call library to improve your video calling experience. To benefit from this upgrade, make sure that both you and the person you’re video calling are using the latest version of Skype.
Skype Publisher's description:
from Skype Technologies
Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers. Now it also supports video conferencing over the net.
Skype is a proprietary peer-to-peer Internet telephony (VoIP) network, founded by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis, the creators of KaZaA and competing against established open VoIP protocols like SIP, IAX, or H.323.
- SkypeOut allows Skype users to call traditional telephone numbers
- SkypeIn (beta) allows Skype users to receive calls on their computers dialed by regular phone subscribers
- Skype Voicemail allows callers to leave voice-mail messages for Skype users who are indisposed
- Skype supports group text chat with an interface similar to IRC with 150 People
- Skype Me has opened up a wellspring of people who want to communicate with people from other countries
- Skype 2.0 (and above) supports videoconferencing