Windows Live Messenger 2012 16.4.3505
- Change Log
- Old Versions
No change available for this version.
07 Oct 2012 - Windows Live Messenger 2012 16.4.3505
Windows-Live-Messenger Publisher's description:
Windows Live Messenger remains an important player on the market and the new generation MSN Messenger follows the same trend as its competitors to include all kinds of communication features, such as video chatting, file transfer and phone calling.
An important step towards unifying the means of online communication has been made and Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger are now interconnected. This allows users of the two to chat no matter the application they're using.
Unlike Yahoo's software though, Microsoft's displays the webcam right into the conversation window, thus allowing users to enjoy a better chatting experience. During our test, this camera-related feature worked flawlessly.
Another useful characteristic of this application is the ability to link other services you use, like Facebook, LinkedIn or MySpace. This way, anyone can check out new posts from their friends within the same interface.
Sharing photos and other files is now easier with the new Windows Live Messenger. Users can easily create so-called 'Sharing Folders' and use them for sending files to somebody else via the popular drag-and-drop method.
The interface remains friendly and intuitive and users shouldn't encounter too many problems browsing through menus and settings. Advertisement banners are, nonetheless, shown at the bottom of the main window and, unfortunately, there's no way to get rid of them.
All things considered, it's safe to say that Windows Live Messenger is an easy to use application to chat over the Internet that does exactly what the name suggests and packs advanced features under a pleasant interface.
Here are some key features of "Windows Live Messenger":
More than just chatting:
· Have more fun with your friends. Chat face–to–face in high definition (HD) using a webcam, start a photo slide show, watch online videos, and share links you've discovered on the web
Your online world in one place:
· Messenger brings together the most important social updates from across the web to one place so you'll always know when your friends post new photos, update their status, and more from websites like Facebook and MySpace.
Messenger on the go:
· Keep in touch even when you're on the go and away from home. See who's online, chat with friends, and see social updates from friends using Messenger on your mobile phone.
· Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 support. SSE2 is supported on Pentium 4 processors or newer, and AMD K8 processors or newer
· Memory: 1 GB of RAM or higher
· Resolution: Minimum: 1024 × 576
· Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access (provided separately). Local or long-distance charges may apply. High-speed Internet access is recommended for some features
· Graphics or video card: Windows Live Movie Maker requires a video card that supports DirectX 9 or higher and Shader Model 2 or higher.
· Video chat requires a webcam, a microphone, speakers or a headset, and high-speed Internet access. HD video chat requires a compatible HD webcam. HD webcams may also have additional system requirements.